- 1 package Alpha Foods Beefy Crumbles
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Dill pickle slices
- Burger Buns
Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp steak sauce or vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1.5 Tbsp Flour
- 1 cups plant-based milk
- 6 oz vegan cheese shreds
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
Burger Sauce (Per Sandwich)
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 Tbsp sweet relish
- Splash of white vinegar
- Combine all the Sloppy Joe Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the Burger Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a pan with some oil or vegan butter, over medium heat, grill your onions until translucent – about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the Beefy Crumbles and cook until heated through and browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a minute, then add in the tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the Sloppy Joe sauce mix and stir to combine. Add more water if it’s too thick, let it reduce if it’s too thin. Once heated through, keep warm on low.
- To make the Cheese Sauce, start by melting butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add flour slowly, whisk thoroughly and cook for 1 minute.
- Add plant milk 1/2 cup at a time and whisk in between each 1/2 cup. Bring to a simmer.
- Add vegan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add all the seasonings and adjust to your taste, keep warm on low.
- Toast your buns in a pan with some butter or oil.
- Assemble the sandwich as follows from bottom to top: burger sauce, pickles, sloppy joe, cheese, top bun. Enjoy!