- 2 1/4 cups biscuit mix (we used Bisquick)
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 diced fresh jalapeños (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Alpha Foods Sausage Patty
- 1 Just Folded Egg (or any vegan egg of choice)
- 1 slice vegan cheese
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- Cayenne to taste
- Splash of vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt the vegan butter and set aside (we’re going to brush the biscuits with it before and after we cook them).
- Combine the dry ingredients for the biscuits, make a well in the middle, then add the plant milk, and mix with a fork until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- On a floured surface, gently knead the biscuit dough, and fold over itself 3-4 times. Gently flatten with your hand to 1/2 inch thick (or 1 inch thick for bigger biscuits).
- Use a cookie cutter or mason jar to cut out round biscuits. Do not twist the cutter/jar as this will seal the dough and keep it from rising. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. You should have about 8 biscuits.
- Brush with the vegan butter, then bake for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. I start checking around 8 and then just cook until the top gets a little golden brown.
- Once Biscuits are cooked to your preference, remove from heat, brush with more butter.
- For the breakfast sandwich, simply make the spicy mayo and set aside, then cook up an Alpha sausage patty and vegan egg, and assemble. Enjoy!