- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 block medium firm tofu
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup frozen spinach (thawed & drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp regular unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 package Alpha Foods Sausage Crumbles
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 large cans whole tomatoes
- Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 large sprigs fresh basil
- ¼ vegan parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- Start by making the Ravioli. Mix the flour and salt on a clean dry surface or in a large mixing bowl until combined and make a well in the center of the flour.
- Pour the water in the well and mix the flour and water together with your hands until it forms a solid ball. Add more water/flour if needed.
- Knead the dough on a well-floured surface for 10 minutes. Split the dough into four balls of dough and cover three of them with plastic wrap.
- Roll out one segment at a time. Stretch the dough out until it’s thin, approximately 1/16th of an inch thick. Make the pasta into long sheets, flouring between sheets.
- In a food processor add your drained tofu, cream cheese, salt, garlic cloves, and plant milk and pulse until a ricotta texture forms. Reserve ¼ cup of this to top the pasta with, then transfer the rest into a bowl and fold in your thawed & drained spinach.
- Lay out your sheet and scoop 1 tbsp of the ricotta & spinach mixture in a line, leaving about an inch between each scoop. Fold the sheet of pasta over itself to close the ravioli, and using a ravioli cutter, cut out the ravioli around each ball of ricotta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt well, cook the ravioli until they float, then drain.
To make the Bolognese sauce
- In a food processor or blender add your carrot, celery, onion, and garlic. Pulse until an almost paste forms.
- In a deep pot over medium heat, add your olive oil and your processed veggie mixture. Season with salt & pepper and chili flakes, cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in your sausage and cook until just browned. Then add your wine and stir to deglaze the pan. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add in your whole tomatoes (and juices), more salt & pepper and crushed red pepper to taste, and sprigs of basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for 2 hours – stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the lid and add your vegan parmesan and butter. Adjust seasonings if necessary and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve on top of your ravioli with a scoop of reserved ricotta on top, and some fresh parsley or basil if desired. Enjoy!