Mini Chik’n Biscuits – Alpha Foods | Plant-Based Convenience
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ½ tbsp cold vegan butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 package Alpha Foods Chik’n Nuggets
- agave to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together (to make vegan buttermilk) and place in the refrigerator.
- Add the dry ingredients to your blender and pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the mixture and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Remove the buttermilk mixture from the refrigerator and slowly combine it with the rest of the ingredients. Rotate between adding the liquid and pulsing a few times until the dough is formed.
- Carefully remove the dough from the blender and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Gently spread the dough until it is ¾-1 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter (I used a 2-inch cutter) to cut out the biscuits. Avoid twisting the cutter.
- Transfer the cut biscuits to a baking sheet along with your Alpha Chik’n Nuggets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450°F, then broil (525°F) for about 2 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool for a few minutes before slicing them.
- Once cool, form your Mini Chicken Biscuits, top with additional vegan butter and agave (optional), and enjoy!