- 2 packages Alpha Foods Chik’n Strips (partially thawed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (or any all purpose seasoning of choice)
- 1½ cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- Oil for frying
- Heat up some oil to 375°F.
- In a shallow bowl or rimmed plate, combine vegan plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar with hot sauce to make vegan buttermilk. In another bowl or rimmed plate, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and seasoning.
- Dunk your chik’n pieces in the vegan buttermilk then in the dry mix, and then carefully add to oil. You may need to take 2-3 pieces and combine them together to form bigger pieces of chik’n.
- Fry until golden brown and then let them rest on a cooling rack.
- Serve with any dipping sauces you like! Enjoy!